Caravan & Motorhome Valeting
FGH MOTORHOMES have all the facilities to provide a professional valeting service. Whether you need a simple wash and hose down outside, interior clean or a full and thorough clean inside and out, then do give us a call.
Different valeters will offer different services from a basic wash down to a detailed valet with restoration work. So what can you expect; a wash down, more detailed cleaning, a polish and even a wax finish. A lot depends on your requirements, your budget and the type of products used by the valeter. Hand applied polishing and waxing will generally cost more than wash on/wash off finishes, but both can produce good results, so the choice is yours. Most valeters will leave you with a clean shinning caravan or motorhome after their top caravan valet or motorhome valet, so don't forget to ask them what products to use to maintain the shine as you want to use something that is compatible with the finish they have provided.
Removing mould and mildew
- Wear appropriate protective clothing before you start dealing with damp, mould or mildew (just have a look at the section on the health risks if you don’t think it’s necessary). This should include decent gloves, a face mask (where necessary) and an apron/overalls.
- Never use bleach to clean up. Use either a solution of washing up liquid and warm water, or a mixture of one part vinegar to one part warm water to deal with the mould and mildew.
- Use a scrubbing brush to thoroughly clean the affected areas.
- Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of clove oil to 1 litre of water and apply to the affected areas to stop the damp from returning. Wipe off and dry after twenty minutes.
- If the mould and mildew are particularly bad or recurrent, it is well worth investing in the services of a professional to sort the problem properly.
Health risks associated with damp, mould and mildew
Many people underestimate the potential health problems caused by the presence of damp, mould and mildew, but the truth is that they can have a very serious effect on health, particularly in small children, the elderly and others with underlying health conditions.
The following are some of the most common health risks associated with damp:
- Allergic reactions can be caused by inhaling spores
- Those with asthma can experience asthma attacks or even added complications if mould and mildew spores are breathed into the lungs
- People with weakened or compromised immune systems can be susceptible to lung infections when exposed to damp, mould and mildew
- It’s not all about physical symptoms – mental health can also be affected. Some proven effects include memory loss, mood swings, chronic fatigue and migraines.
- The skin is also prone to reacting to damp and spores – hives, skin rashes, eczema, bacterial infections and fungal infections are all possible
It will take a little extra care, time and effort in keeping your caravan clean, dry and free of damp, but it is far preferable to risking the effects of not doing so. The priority is your health and that of your family, friends and pets, alongside your financial investment in the caravan or motorhome, of course!
We have different kind of valets that we are able to offer with Prices starting from £69.99.
We now sell a dedicated caravan Care pack. These are available at £57.50+VAT
(POA) Please call us for more information if necessary, with the make and model of your Caravan/Motorhome and an idea of the current weathered appearance.